About Me

Joshua

Normal fun loving guy. A day dreamer. Very friendly and caring. Loves computers and always wanna try out new things for a change.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Lost Identity

I have lost my identity. Yes it's true. People of my country don't treat me as a citizen of their country. They tell me, I belong to a different state. The state tells me I belong to a different region, the region tells me I belong to a different religion, the religion tells me I speak a different language, the language tells me I am of a different color.

In this process of differentiation, we all have forgotten that, before belonging to any particular region, religion, state or country, we belong to this earth. For this planet we are human beings but for the rest of the universe we are earthly beings. There is so much of differentiation and discrimination around us.

Earlier life was so simple, we belonged to the land, where we were born, no need of any higher authority to authenticate our identity. But today a bunch of documents decide to which country we belong. Our lives are so insecure. Technology has made our lives so translucent even our secret and passionate moments can be found on the Internet.

As all products in the market have a product id, we all have our own unique id, social security number. Today we all are identified as a combination of a series of digits. Digits that were once used for making the calculations, have had an edge over us, by giving us a unique identity in their language.

The day will not be far, when people will stop calling others by their names, but by their unique combination of digits. Thanks to the computers for monitoring our uniqueness, our own identity, which we have lost in the process of differentiation.

No comments: